Overhead crane is the most widely used lifting equipment which crosses the workshop, warehouse and material yard for material lifting and transportation. The both ends of the crane are located on building supports or engineering supports, shaped like a bridge, so the overhead crane is also known as bridge crane. The bridge runs longitudinally along the rails laid on the elevated runway beams, which can make full use of the space under the bridge to lift materials without being hindered by ground equipment.
Types of Overhead Cranes
There are many types of overhead cranes, of which general overhead cranes are the most common types. These cranes are designed for general lifting purposes, commonly found in workshops, warehouses and material yards.
The following are the main types and models of overhead cranes we provide:
- LD hook single girder overhead crane
- LX underhung bridge crane
- HD European standard single girder bridge crane
- LDY single girder casting crane
- LDZ single girder grab bucket overhead crane
- LB single girder explosion proof crane
- QD hook double girder overhead crane
- LH hoist double girder crane
- QB double girder explosion proof bridge crane
- QZ double girder grab bucket crane
- QC magnetic overhead crane
- QDY double girder casting crane
- NLH European standard double girder bridge crane
To learn more about each type of overhead crane, feel free to contact us.
Overhead Crane Applications
Overhead crane is important equipment to realize the mechanization and automation of the production process in modern industrial production and lifting transportation. The crane is widely used in manufacturing, mining, iron and steel, chemical industry, railway transportation, port terminal, logistics turnover, etc.
Features of Overhead Crane
- Overhead crane has a more complicated mechanical structure, which can complete lifting, lowering or and horizontal movements.
- Overhead crane can handle a variety of materials, and the capacity ranges from 1 ton to several hundred tons.
- The operating environment of bridge crane is complex.The crane can be used in manufacturing, mining, metallurgy, chemical plant, steel mills, railway, etc.
- The use of overhead cranes can greatly reduce labor intensity, improve operating efficiency, and achieve mechanization and automation of operations.
Main Structure of Overhead Crane
The overhead crane is composed of bridge frame, hoist trolley, crane travelling mechanism, operating room, etc.
The bridge frame is the basic component of the bridge crane, which is composed of the main beam and the end beam. The main beam spans above the workshop, with end beams connected at both ends. The outside of the main beam is provided with a walking platform and a safety rail. The bridge frame is equipped with crane travelling mechanism, electrical box, lifting mechanism, trolley running track and auxiliary slide frame.
Crane travelling mechanism is composed of driving motor, brake, transmission shaft, reducer and wheels. There are two driving methods: centralized driving and separate driving. At present, most of the bridge cranes produced in China adopt the separate drive mode, which has the advantages of light weight, easy installation and maintenance. The entire crane is driven forward and backward along the length of the workshop under the drive of the crane travelling mechanism.
Trolley travelling mechanism is composed of trolley frame, lifting mechanism, etc. The trolley can move along the track on the main beam of the bridge. Trolley frame is made of welded steel plate, and it is equipped with trolley moving mechanism, lifting mechanism, railing and lifting limit switch. The lifting mechanism is composed of motor, reducer, reel, brake, etc.
It can be seen from the above that there are three types of crane motion, namely, the forward and backward movement driven by the crane driving motor, the left and right movement driven by the trolley driving motor, and the lifting movement driven by the lifting motor.