Underhung crane, also known as under running overhead crane or underslung crane, is an ideal option for factories that want to free floor space of obstructions since it can be supported from the existing building structure without the needs for support columns. The crane is typically lighter than the top running system and designed for light service or small-capacity applications. Our underhung cranes are capable of handling loads from 0.5 ton to 10 tons. The work duty is A3, A4.
European standard 5 ton underhung crane in Uzbekistan
Underhung crane operation video:
Installation of LX multi-pivot suspension crane
This six-pivot suspension crane has been installed in our customer’s workshop. The multi-pivot under running crane is specially designed to meet the needs of large-span industrial plants or warehouses, such as aircraft manufacturing plants and aircraft maintenance workshops.
Test run video:
Underhung Crane Specifications
|Hoist running speed||20m/min|
|Crane running speed||20m/min|
|Work duty||A3, A4|
Benefits of Using Underhung Bridge Crane
- Maximizes floor space since it is directly suspended from the ceiling structure or roof structure.
- Provides excellent side approach
- Reduces material costs as no runway support columns are needed.
Common Applications of Under Running Crane
Underhung overhead crane is commonly found in fabrication shops, assembly lines, maintenance shops, manufacturing facilities and so on for light to moderate service. It is a good choice for facilities where the building height is inadequate to support a top running overhead crane system. The crane provides less hook height and lifting height than the top running crane since the bridge beam and hoist hang underneath the runway beams.
The following are some applications cases of Aicrane underhung cranes:
If you are looking for a underhung travelling crane, contact us now! We can help you design a crane system that best fits your facility and your lifting needs.
Structural Features of Aicrane Underhung Crane
The single girder underslung crane is adapted to the situation where the top running bridge crane operation structure cannot be established. The standardized design of our company’s suspension crane can effectively utilize the lifting height.
- Optimal design of end beams
- Rigid beam or welded box beam for optimal load distribution
- With beam ends tailored to application requirements, loads can be handled directly near the building wall.
Underhung Crane Design to Your Specs!
Why choose a underhung crane design?
Generally, the uniqueness of the underslung crane design is that it can make full use of the available height and narrow space. Even in the factory area where the available space is small, it can ensure efficient material handling.
- Under running crane typically comes in single girder configuration with capacity 1 ton to 10 tons.
- It uses under running hoist and trolley that run across the bottom flange of the bridge girder.
- The single girder underhung crane can also be designed in line with European standard, which provides higher performance, longer service life, better appearance, compact structure and minimal maintenance.
- We can also design and build the underhung crane system with double girder for higher capacity, but it is impractical and more expensive.
Underhung vs. Top Running System: Which One Is Right For You?
There are several factors that can help you determine whether a top running or underhung system is right for your facility and your lifting needs:
- Are there existing support columns in your facility, or will you build new engineering columns?
- Are there existing runways that the crane can be installed on?
- Your required crane specifications, including rated load capacity, lifting height, hook approach.
- The overhead room in your facility
You can speak with one of our experts and discuss these information with them. They will assist you to select a crane system that provides proper balance between efficiency, suitability, durability and cost effectiveness.
In order to install the underhung crane, the building roof structure must be able to withstand the weight exerted by the crane itself and the load. Therefore, before you make the final decision to purchase the single girder underhung crane, you need to communicate with our engineers to ensure every detail of the crane.
This special type of crane is simply connected to the existing roof structure without the use of runway support columns. In this way, the entire floor area of the building is available for use, and the surrounding area of the workshop can be fully utilized by using the suspended beam extension.
For more information, please contact the underslung crane manufacturer.
After-sales Service – Buy With Confidence
We offer a full range of after-sales service to our clients, including:
Installation and commissioning of the equipment – We send well-experienced after-sales service engineers to the work site to help our clients to install and commission the equipment.
Staff training and instruction – We can train the staff to make sure they use the machine correctly.
Free technical advisory service
Our service is available at 24/7
If you have any questions, call the after-sales service center.
Why Choose Aicrane
Wide variety of crane products – Aicrane, a famous brand of Aimix Group Co., Ltd, focuses on the design and manufacture of various lifting equipment, including overhead crane, gantry crane, jib crane, electric hoist and winch product.
Technical team – We have a professional technical team to help design the most suitable solutions for our clients and create maximum value for them.
Quality products and perfect service – The company offers superior quality products and comprehensive after-sales service to its clients and also focuses on the continuous improvement on its products and service.
For more information on Aicrane underhung crane or other lifting equipment, please feel free to contact us!