What is steel structure warehouse? Generally speaking, the industrial steel structure warehouse is done with a series of structural steel, including steel columns, steel beams, purlin and so on. These main components constitute the load-bearing structure of the warehouse.
Due to light weight and easy construction, there is a great demand for the structural steel warehouse. The steel strucutre is also the most cost-efficient building type for many projects. Therefore, it is time for you to invest in steel warehouse buildings from a long-term economic consideration.
Aicrane Steel Structure Warehouse Building Projects
Installation of Industrial Steel Structure And AQ-QD 50 Ton Overhead Crane In Chile
The project is located in Chile and includes an industrial steel structure plant and a double-girder 50-ton overhead crane. The steel structure is a portal steel frame structure, and the enclosure system adopts light roof panels, and is equipped with daylighting band for good lighting. We provided one-stop service for this Chilean client’s project, including steel structure and overhead crane design, manufacture, transportation, installation and after-sales service.
Prefab Steel Structure And 10 Ton Overhead Crane Installed In Uzbekistan
This project is a prefab metal warehouse building and an AQ-LD single-girder 10-ton overhead crane in Uzbekistan. This is a portal frame warehouse with the advantages of large span, simple installation and economical cost.
Prefabricated Steel Structure Warehouse And 5 Ton Overhead Crane Delivered to Mexico
Our prefabricated steel warehouse and AQ-LD single girder 5 ton overhead crane were delivered to Mexico. The dimension of the steel frame warehouse 18.2m*20m, and the 5 ton overhead crane is equipped with an electric chain hoist, with a lifting height of 5m and a lifting speed of 3.2m/min. After the goods arrive at the customer’s site, our company will arrange installation engineers to go to the site to guide the installation of the steel structure and the overhead crane.
Steel Structure Warehouse Design
The steel structure is generally regarded as the most economical and fastest way to construct your warehouse, making it the top option for many industrial and civil buildings. We supply the structural steel warehouse design, and depending on your specific applications and specifications, the steel sections will be fabricated into various shapes and sizes.
- The steel warehouse is a kind of frame building, of which the frame structure mainly consists of steel beams and columns. The steel structure can be made by either hot or cold rolling.
- For the roof and wall panel, we supply steel sheet, fiber glass, PU sandwich panel options and so on.
- The curved metallic roof structure is also a good option for your project.
- The door and window of the steel frame structure warehouse can be made of PVC or aluminum alloy.
- With regard to purlin supporting system, wall and roof purlin, C-type and Z type are available for you to choose from.
- In addition, the crane runway beam is designed according to your overhead crane parameter.
With respect to your specific requirement for the steel warehouse dimension as well as the conditions of local environment, we can design the steel warehouse into any shape and size to suit your needs. Contact us for a quote!
What Are The Advantages Of Steel Structure?
- Cost efficient – Compared with traditional concrete buildings, steel warehouse construction usually costs less. All the components will be manufactured in the factory, including the components drilling, cutting and welding, and then installed on site, thus it will greatly reduce the construction period.
- Greater strength – The steel structure construction replaces reinforced concrete with steel plates or steel sections, which has higher strength and better earthquake resistance.
- Environmental protection – The structural steel warehouse is more environmental friendly as it can be reused in other projects, thus it will significantly reduce construction waste.
- Easy installation – The steel portal frame warehouse can be easily assembled and erected by workers, thus saving manpower and labor costs.
- High durability – The industrial steel structure can withstand harsh environmental conditions, and by way of coating with fireproof paint and aluminum compounds, it will effectively prevent fire and rusting. Therefore, it has prolonged service life.
- High reliability – The steel structure is capable of withstanding impact and dynamic loads, as well as with good seismic performance. Besides, the internal structure of the steel is uniform.
How Much Does It Cost to Build A Steel Structure Warehouse?
Every day, we have customers who reach out to us to ask for a steel structure warehouse price. However, the price range of a warehouse steel structure is very wide, and the specific steel frame warehouse cost depends on many factors.
Therefore, in order to help you understand how to budget for a steel structure warehouse construction, we will discuss several factors that affect the cost of a steel structure building.
1. Raw Materials
The raw materials are the main factor affecting the cost of steel structure warehouse buildings.
Steel and plates are the main components of the steel structure construction, accounting for about 70%-80% of the total cost. Therefore, the fluctuation of the market price of steel raw materials directly affects the steel warehouse construction cost.
In addition, the prices of different section steel materials and supporting surfaces, and materials and thicknesses of enclosure plates are also very different.
2. Height and Span
The height and span is also an important factor affecting the steel warehouse cost. In addition, if your prefabricated steel structure warehouse considers installing an overhead bridge crane, the price will also be different.
In a word, the specific cost depends on your prefab steel warehouse usage and height-span ratio.
3. Geological Condition
The basic cost is closely related to the geology of the steel warehouse structure buildings.
When it comes to structural steel warehouse design, pay attention to the geological report of the location of the steel structure warehouse building, and a reasonable basic type should be selected.
Controlling the loading surface and buried depth of the foundation plays a positive role in saving the total cost of a prefab steel structure warehouse construction.
4. The Complexity of the Structures
The complexity of the structures also affects the China steel structure warehouse cost.
The more complex the structures, the higher the required design scheme and technology, and as a result, the higher the cost of the industrial steel warehouse construction.
In a word, the steel structure warehouse cost is determined by factors such as raw materials, design schemes, height and span, geological conditions, etc.
If you want to know your steel warehouse price, please kindly provide the building dimension (L*W*H), geological condition, the capacity of overhead crane, etc. After receiving your inquiry, our engineers and project consultants will get together and begin putting together a comprehensive proposal for your project.
What Should I Look For When Buying A Prefabricated Steel Warehouse?
There are a few things you will need to consider when buying a prefabricated warehouse steel structure:
- Warehouse steel frame structure dimensions – when talking to prefabricated warehouse steel structure manufacturers, you need to provide the dimension of the structures so that they can provide you with a suitable and cost-effective warehouse steel structure design. The basic geometric dimensions include length, width, height, column spacing, steel frame span, etc.
- Geological condition at the location of the metal structure warehouse – for example, if you are in an earthquake-prone zone, please provide the seismic rating so that we can take it into consideration when designing the structure. Other natural conditions include reference wind pressure, reference snow pressure, extremely low temperature, etc.
- Function of your prefab metal warehouse – are you considering installing one or more overhead cranes inside your warehouses to help you lift, transport and store goods faster and safer? If you need to install overhead cranes, please mention it when communicating with the steel structure warehouse supplier.
- Other requirements – whether the steel structure industrial building needs insulation, what type of wall is, and whether there are requirements for the production cycle.
Steel Structure VS. Reinforced Concrete, Which Is An Ideal Choice?
The most of the industrial, commercial or civil buildings are constructed by means of either structural steel or reinforced concrete. Each way has its own pros and cons. When determining a structure for your warehouse, you need to take several factors into account so as to select the most suitable construction material for your warehouse.
The cost of building a warehouse is of course the top consideration of the most customers. In addition, they may consider a few things such ash the strength, durability, ease of construction and sustainability of the building.
The light steel structure warehouse is the most popular option for many industrial and commercial usages thanks to its easy construction, high utilization and low cost. Besides, in contrast to reinforced concrete building, it has shorter construction period.
The steel has light weight and high strength, and the structural steel design of warehouse will also take safety into consideration.
The life cycle of the building is another important factor to consider, which will be affected by some elements in the environment, such as water, fire and humidity.
Considering the characteristics of structural steel, it will easily get rusty when exposed to water or any moisture. Compared with concrete, it also lacks of good insulation, so employing the steel structure for warehouse should take the fire hazard into consideration.
Generally, the steel structure building will be designed with fireproof coating and aluminum compounds coating to prevent hazardous conditions.
Ease of construction
The structural steel can be designed into any shape and size and connected by welds or bolts. It can be prefabricated in the factory and then sent to the site for construction, thus it will shorten your construction period.
The construction should also consider the effect on the environment.
If properly used, both industrial steel structure and concrete can be environmental friendly construction options. Many structural steels are made of recycled metals, and they can be reused in other projects. Concrete also does not cause harm to the environment. For the future concrete buildings, the concrete can be crushed and used as aggregate, realizing a high utilization.
When building a warehouse for your project, we hope that you will consider the above factors comprehensively to determine a proper structure for your warehouse.
Why Choose AICRANE?
Looking for a reliable steel structure warehouse supplier? You can rely on Aicrane. Our prefabricated steel structure will help you save a great deal of time and money, and at the same time greatly increase your production level.
Wide Range Of Products
We have been engaged in material handling industry for over 10 years, and provides an array of material handling equipment, including overhead cranes, gantry cranes, jib cranes, electric hoists, construction winches, marine winches and boat travel lifts.
For overhead crane users, in case they do not possess pre-existing buildings, we provide steel structure for warehouse and workshop. As an experienced steel structure manufacturer, we always satisfy our clients by way of providing quality products and reliable services.
Custom Design & Quality Assurance
We have varied shapes and sizes of steel structure warehouse for sale. If you are thinking about building your own warehouses, the steel construction warehouse will be the most economical solution for you.
The shape, size, chemical composition and strength of our structural steel is made in strict accordance with industrial standards and regulations.
The steels are sourced from reputable suppliers, and each steel warehouse building can be tailored to fit the needs of customers regarding their specific projects and requirements.
Selecting dependable steel structure warehouse manufacturers and suppliers is essential for that a dependable supplier will not only offer you quality product with competitive price, but provides best service for you.
We have a professional after-sales service team to respond quickly and solve various after-sales problems of customers. Our after-sales service include: equipment installation, commissioning and maintenance; according to customer needs, we provide on-site training; provide free technical consulting services; we will conduct customer return visits from time to time, collect customers’ opinions and suggestions on products and services, and make timely improvements.
In addition, our company also has set up overseas offices in Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines and Uzbekistan to ensure the timeliness and effectiveness of services.
FAQs About Steel Structures
According to the main frame of the steel structure, it can be divided into several types:
- Portal steel frame frame
- Multi-storey steel structure building
- Steel grid structure
Steel warehouse construction is a good investment for several reasons:
- Short construction period
- Low investment cost
- Wide range of applications
- Environmental protection and pollution-free
- High strength and high reliability
- Simple construction and fast construction speed
Light weight steel structure warehouse is cheaper than concrete construction and faster to erect. It is a cost-effective alternative to reinforced concrete construction.
If you are looking for low cost steel structure warehouse, please feel free to contact Aicrane for a quote!