Semi gantry crane is composed of bridge, crane running mechanism, trolley running mechanism and hoisting mechanism. It is a combination of overhead crane and gantry crane. This type of crane can be adapted to both indoor and outdoor applications. It can also be installed below a pre-existing large overhead crane to increase your work efficiency without getting in the way of the overhead lifting process. Our semi-gantry cranes can be configured in single girder or double girder design depending on your lifting requirements. You can speak with one of our professionals to get the most suitable crane system for your facility.
Single girder semi gantry crane parameters:
- Load capacity: 3-20t
- Span: 8-30m
- Lifting height: 6-18m
- Lifting speed: 0.33-8m/min
- Trolley running speed: 20m/min
- Crane running speed: 20m/min
- Work duty: A3-A4
Double girder semi gantry crane parameters:
- Load capacity: 5-32t
- Span: 12-30m
- Lifting height: 6-12m
- Lifting speed: 6-11.5m/min
- Trolley running speed: 37-40.1m/min
- Crane running speed: 37.7-40.1m/min
- Work duty: A3-A6
Semi gantry crane Design
The crane supplier can provide you semi gantry cranes for different industrial fields, such as the gantry crane for marine industries. Moreover, the company can also provide you semi gantries equipped with optional parts, such as the semi hoist gantry crane which is facilitated with an electric hoist as its auxiliary lifting systems to promote the lifts working efficiency. Most importantly, our factory can manufacture different types of gantry cranes with different capacities, such as the 3t, 5t, 10t and 20t gantry cranes which are hot sales in our crane manufacturing factory. The following are some types of hot sale gantry cranes’ specifications for your reference.
All types of semi gantry crane design and manufacturing process are strictly meet the above mentioned national standards. And our gantry cranes are all qualified and they are all in store and have been tested and inspected by our professional crane inspection and testing equipment and engineer teams. Meanwhile, they are all ready to receive you, our clients all around the globe to receive your detailed inspection.
The crane is designed by strictly in line with the following national crane manufacturing standards:
- Crane Design Code (GB3811)
- Crane Safety Code (GB6067)
- Crane Test Code and Regulations (GB5905)
- Code for Construction and Acceptance of Lifting Equipment
- Installation Project (GB50278) Wire Rope Electric Hoist (JB/ T9008.1~9008.6)
- Quality Classification of Steel Wire Rope Hoists(JB/ZQ8004)
- Safety Regulations for Wire Rope Electric Hoists” (JB9009)
- Electric Hoist Gantry Cranes (JB/T5663)
- Product Quality Score for Electric Single Girder Cranes Et al. (JB/ZQ8012)
- Shape and Position Tolerance (GB/T1182-1184)
- Steel Surface Corrosion Ratings and Degusting Grades (GB8923)
- Planning Tests for Paints and Clear Films (GB9286)
How semi gantry crane parts get connected?
Th electric single girder semi-portal cranes are mainly composed of electric hoists, carts, steel structures, and electrical equipment. The steel structures are mainly composed of main girders, outriggers, lower beams, upper beams, and ladders. The main beam is in the form of a single main beam structure, and an electric hoist is hung under the I-beam of the main beam. One end of the main beam and the cross-section rectangular cross-section leg and the lower cross-member are bolted, and the other end and the upper cross-member are also bolted to facilitate disassembly. There are a total of 4 walking wheels for the trolley running mechanism and 2 walking wheels for both sides of the track. The crane power supply adopts AC 380V 50Hz, the cart uses the safe trolley wire to supply power; the electric hoist uses the cable to supply power. The crane also has safety protection devices such as overload protection and limit of various institutions.
Major lifting systems and facilities of the crane
Lifting mechanism of the semi hoist machine using the electric hoist as the operating lifting crane, mainly consists of cone rotor motor, reducer, reel device, coupling, guide rope, hook device, electric trolley, drive device and electric appliance and other components. The components can be relatively independent in structure and easy to maintain and adjust.
The crane trolley traveling mechanism consists of the active wheelset, passive wheelset, and cross beam. The whole machine has 4 wheels, 2 wheels on each side, and 1/2 drive. The wheel material uses cast steel wheels according to ZG340-640. The top of the crane uses double-rimmed wheels and the bottom uses rimless wheels; the buffer uses rubber buffers. Track models use the Chinese industry standard YB/T5055. The speed reducer adopts a closed speed reducer. The wheels are driven with open gears. The gear shafts are mounted on machined beams.
The metal structure consists of a single main beam, legs, lower beams, and upper beams. The legs are welded in the form of a box structure. The force is concise and clear, and the appearance is elegant. The bolts are connected between the legs and the lower beam to facilitate disassembly. The lower beam and the upper beam are mainly welded by U-shaped beams. The vertical deflection of the wheels, the horizontal deflection, and the installation of the vehicle running mechanism are all guaranteed by the manufacturer and welding of the lower beams.
Six electrical parts requirements of the semi gantry crane
- Power supply for trolley: Single pole type trolley wire is used for power supply, and the travel distance is about (the actual working condition of the owner) m, and the power status indicator needs to be installed.
- Car power supply: Powered by cable. The trolley’s power supply is mounted on the conductive side.
- Working power AC380V (85%-110%) 50HZ
- The cranes are respectively equipped with power circuit, a control circuit, and an auxiliary circuit. Each terminal in the control cabinet is arranged at the front to facilitate maintenance. Each terminal is marked with a corresponding wire number sign, the inner wall of the conduit is smooth, and the outlet of the hard pipe and electrical equipment enter the line mouth installed rubber protection sleeve.
- The electric cabinet is installed on the lower beam; the cable-controlled remote switch is not allowed to operate remotely during remote control.
- Hoist cable traction device is I-beam and pulley, traction rope is stainless steel.
Top 3 safety system configuration requirements of the crane
This machine has overload protection
- Stroke and height protection: The crane’s various movement mechanisms are provided with extreme stroke or height protection.
- The crane is equipped with short circuit protection, voltage loss protection, zero position protection, over current protection and various necessary interlock protection devices.
- The trolley running mechanism is equipped with a rail and the rail is 10mm away from the rail surface so that obstacles on the rail can be removed.
How to paint the semi gantry crane
All steel plates and section steels are calibrated and pretreated. The quality reaches Sa2.5 (as specified in GB8923-88) and surface primer. The total thickness of the film is thicker than 75μm. One layer of epoxy zinc-rich primer and the other layer epoxy intermediate paint sprayed with a layer of chlorinated rubber paint.
Painting: After the components are finished, they must be painted carefully. The bottom of the paint, the epoxy zinc-rich primer, and coating should be carried out in strict accordance with the coating process. Damaged paint for various reasons should be repaired according to the process requirements.
To learn more about our semi gantry crane, contact us today!