Aicrane is committed to providing customers with high-quality material handling solutions for railway freight yards. Companies in the railway industry have relied on our gantry cranes to load and unload large and bulky goods and containers.
The gantry cranes we provide can be equipped with container spreaders to facilitate the handling of containers. There is also a dedicated container gantry crane, which can partially automatically operate and position, which greatly improves work efficiency and safety.
Material Handling Solutions for Railway
AQ-MG Gantry Cranes for Railway
Two AQ-MG European standard 60-ton gantry cranes have been installed on Chilean railways to load and unload containers. The gantry crane system has simple structure, easy operation, and greatly improves the efficiency of loading and unloading operations.
Rail Mounted Container Gantry Cranes
The dedicated rail-mounted container gantry crane is mainly used for container loading, unloading, handling and stacking in container railway transfer yards and large container storage and transportation yards. According to the site, container storage and transportation process, and loading and unloading vehicles (container trucks or railway vehicles), the RMG crane can adopt different structures: no cantilever, single cantilever and double cantilever.
The trolleys of rail mounted gantry cranes run at a relatively low speed, so there is generally no anti-rolling device. However, if the user puts forward requirements for reducing operating intensity and improving productivity, a anti-rolling device can be provided. For rope hoisting mechanisms, the anti-rolling device is generally achieved by applying damping to the rope; for rigid hoisting mechanisms, it is achieved by rigid members.
Features of Railway Container Gantry Crane
- The hoisting speed is low and the crane running moving speed is high. According to the needs of the container yard, the lifting height of the rail-mounted container gantry crane adopts three to four stacks or four to five stacks. Since the lifting height is not high, the lifting speed is correspondingly low. However, the container yard generally has a long length along the running track. In order to achieve a high productivity, the running speed of the crane is relatively high.
- The running speed of the trolley can be determined according to the span of the bridge and the outreach at both ends. When the span and cantilever length are small, the running speed of the trolley and productivity requirements can be relatively small. When the span and cantilever length are large, the running speed of the trolley can be increased to meet the productivity requirements.
- When the span exceeds 40m, during the high-speed operation of the container gantry crane, deviation will occur due to the different running resistances of the legs on both sides. For this reason, a synchronization device is set to keep the running speeds of the running mechanisms on both sides synchronized through the electrical control system.
- In order to meet higher requirements, the electric drive control system adopts thyristor DC or AC speed regulation drive control system to achieve better speed regulation and control performance. The electrical control system can also use conventional AC eddy current speed regulation control or AC stator voltage regulation and speed regulation drive control system. For high-speed crane running mechanism, the electrical control system usually uses thyristor DC and AC speed control systems with electric brakes or AC stator voltage and speed control systems to avoid a huge impact on the whole crane.
Contact Us for Customized Solutions!
Aicrane’s excellent engineering team has rich experience in crane design. According to the customer’s requirements and actual situation, we propose an overall design plan for the user, and tailor a reasonable configuration to meet the customer’s overall demand for crane efficiency and safety.
The following are some of the main information you need to provide to our engineers so that they can design a plan and quote for you:
- Load capacity: ton?
- Span of the crane: m?
- Max. lifting height of the crane: m?
- Traveling length: m? Do you need us to provide the rail for you?
- How many hours will the crane work per day and how many times per hour?
- Electric Power supply: 3 phase 380V 50Hz?