Different Container Handling Solutions For Railway
For different heavy lifting tasks in railway, Aicrane’s complete line of crane products can help load, unload and move bulky goods and containers: the universal gantry cranes we provide can be equipped with container spreaders to facilitate the handling of containers; there is also a special rail mounted gantry crane for container handling, which can partially automatically operate and position and greatly improve work efficiency and safety; container reach stackers can be employed to transport and stack containers in the railway yard.
1. Universal Gantry Cranes for Railway
In most cases, universal double girder gantry cranes can be a cost-effective choice for handling containers and cargoes in railway. The Aicrane AQ-MG universal double girder gantry crane can be equipped with a container spreader to carry out the loading, unloading, lifting and transportation of general cargoes and containers in railway freight yards and container transfer stations. This product is also suitable for the manufacture of train cabins in the workshop.
AQ-MG 60 Ton European Standard Gantry Cranes For Railway in Chile
Customer Requirement – the customer company is engaged in the railway industry in Chile. With the expansion of the business, two more container gantry cranes need to be installed on the railway to handle the containers. The problem is that the dedicated rail mounted gantry cranes are too costly and out of budget for the customer.
Solution – the two Aicrane AQ-MG European standard double girder gantry cranes equipped with container spreaders are used for railway container handling in Chile. This gantry crane option can reduce costs, and the railway gantry crane system is simple in structure, easy to install and operate, and can also improve the efficiency of loading and unloading operations.
AQ-MG Double Girder Gantry Cranes Parameters
- Span: 18-35m
- Lifting height: 6-18m
- Lifting speed: 1.5-11.5m/min
- Trolley running speed: 10-40.1m/min
- Crane running speed: 16-50m/min
- Work duty: A3-A7
We can custom design and build double girder railway gantry cranes to meet your specific application requirements!
2. Rail Mounted Gantry Cranes For Railway
The RMG rail-mounted container gantry crane is specifically designed for container loading, unloading, handling and stacking in container railway transfer yards and large container storage and transportation yards. According to the site, container storage and transportation process, and loading and unloading vehicles (container trucks or railway vehicles), the RMG crane can adopt different structures: no cantilever, single cantilever and double cantilever.
Features of RMG Rail Mounted Container Gantry Crane
- The trolleys of rail mounted gantry cranes run at a relatively low speed, so there is generally no anti-rolling device. However, if the user puts forward requirements for reducing operating intensity and improving productivity, a anti-rolling device can be provided. For rope hoisting mechanisms, the anti-rolling device is generally achieved by applying damping to the rope; for rigid hoisting mechanisms, it is achieved by rigid members.
- The hoisting speed is low and the crane running moving speed is high. According to the needs of the container yard, the lifting height of the rail-mounted container gantry crane adopts three to four stacks or four to five stacks. Since the lifting height is not high, the lifting speed is correspondingly low. However, the container yard generally has a long length along the running track. In order to achieve a high productivity, the running speed of the crane is relatively high.
- The running speed of the trolley can be determined according to the span of the bridge and the outreach at both ends. When the span and cantilever length are small, the running speed of the trolley and productivity requirements can be relatively small. When the span and cantilever length are large, the running speed of the trolley can be increased to meet the productivity requirements.
- When the span exceeds 40m, during the high-speed operation of the railway container gantry crane, deviation will occur due to the different running resistances of the legs on both sides. For this reason, a synchronization device is set to keep the running speeds of the running mechanisms on both sides synchronized through the electrical control system.
- In order to meet higher requirements, the electric drive control system adopts thyristor DC or AC speed regulation drive control system to achieve better speed regulation and control performance. The electrical control system can also use conventional AC eddy current speed regulation control or AC stator voltage regulation and speed regulation drive control system. For high-speed crane running mechanism, the electrical control system usually uses thyristor DC and AC speed control systems with electric brakes or AC stator voltage and speed control systems to avoid a huge impact on the whole crane.
Rail Mounted Gantry Crane Parameters
- Span: 18-35m
- Lifting height: 12.3-21m
- Lifting speed: 9.2-12.5m/min
- Trolley running speed: 45-56m/min
- Crane running speed: 42-50m/min
- Work duty: A6-A8
Custom design is available!
3. Container Reach Stacker for Railway Yard
For container distribution points in many railway yards and stations, container reach stackers are a flexible solution for loading and unloading containers. The reach stacker has the advantages of flexible maneuverability, convenient operation, good stability, low wheel pressure, high stacking layers, and high utilization rate of the yard. In addition, the reach stacker can also be replaced with hooks and other devices to handle other types of goods.
10 Ton Container Reach Stacker For Container Yard in Vietnam
Customer – the client company is a group multinational company in South Korea, involving a wide range of business fields. In Vietnam, it mainly has hydraulic parts manufacturing, container production and other businesses.
Requirement – the customer has invested in container production in Vietnam and needs to use a reach stacker in the container production yard to transfer the produced containers.
Solution – according to the parameters and container handling requirements provided by the customer, we provided the customer with the solution and quotation for a 10 ton container reach stacker. It met the client’s requirements and budget well, so the cooperation with us was quickly confirmed.
Test Video of The Vietnam 10 Ton Container Reach Stacker
Features of Container Reach Stackers
- The reach stacker can be equipped with a multi-functional telescopic spreader, which is suitable for loading and unloading 20-40ft containers. It can turn left and right, traverse, and tilt to facilitate container alignment and passage through narrow passages.
- The telescopic boom with load pitch can realize the joint action of the vehicle traveling and the boom extension.
- An anti-sway device is installed between the boom and the spreader to reduce the swing of the container when the reach stacker starts, brakes and travels.
- The container reach stacker can stack multi-layer containers and realize cross-container operations.
- The reach stacker has a variety of protection devices to ensure safe operation.
Contact Us For A Railway Lifting Solution That Works For You!
Contact us by filling out the contact form below, sending us an email or via WhatsApp and let’s discuss the right lifting solution that works for your railway application!
Aicrane’s excellent engineering team has rich experience in crane design, and according to the customer’s requirements, actual situation and budget, they can propose an overall railway lifting solution for the user, and tailor a reasonable configuration to meet the customer’s overall demand for crane efficiency, economy and safety.