Electric hoist is one of the most important parts of an overhead crane, which actually perform the lifting and lowering of the loads. In this article, we’ll discuss the various types of electric hoists, the advantages of each type and which style is best for your overhead crane system.
How Many Types of Overhead Crane Hoist Are There?
According to the lifting medium used and different purposes, there are many different configurations of electric hoists.
CD1 and MD1 Electric Wire Rope Hoist
Details of CD1 and MD1 type hoists:
- Electric wire rope hoist can lift up to 16 tons.
- The lifting speed of CD1 type electric hoist is normal speed, which can meet the general lifting requirements.
- The lifting speed of MD1 type electric hoist is normal speed andslow speed. When working at a slow speed, it can meet the requirements of precision assembly, equipment maintenance and other delicate work. Therefore, the scope of application of the MD1 type hoist is wider than that of the CD1 type hoist.
- The hoist motor uses a conical motor. The insulation class of the motor is B or F, the protection class is IP44 or IP54, the working duty is S3, and the load duration is 25%.
- In addition, frequency converter can be equipped if required.
The main advantages of wire rope hoist:
- Fast lifting speed
- Wide range of applications
- Smooth operation
- Lifting height can be customized
Applications of wire rope hoist:
- Wire rope electric hoist can be installed on I-beam or H-beam to complete the work alone.
- It can also be used in conjunction with lifting equipment such as AQ-LD, AQ-LX type single girder overhead cranes, AQ-LH double girder hoist overhead cranes, hoist gantry cranes and jib cranes.
Wire rope hoists in use:
Technical parameters of CD1/MD1 hoist:
|Technical Parameter of CD/MD Electric Hoist|
ND European Standard Electric Hoist
Advantages of European standard electric hoist:
- The ND series wire rope electric hoist is developed using European FEM design standards, with advanced concepts and beautiful appearance.
- The whole machine has compact and reasonable structure, simple and convenient operation, low noise, energy saving and environmental protection.
- The running mechanism is designed with frequency conversion, with low impact and accurate positioning.
- The hoisting mechanism adopts the international advanced C-type structure, that is, thedrum device is arranged in parallel with the motor through the reducer, so it has small limit size, compact structure and high space utilization.
- The drive unit adopts the ABM drive device with a point-line meshing gear structure imported from Germany.
- Part of the electric control device adopts original imported Schneider, with reliable performance, high sensitivity and long service life.
- The whole machine adopts maintenance-free design, with few wearing parts and convenient maintenance.
- It can also be equipped with an intelligent safe operation monitoring recorder, which can continuously record the working status information of the crane andprevent the occurrence of crane safety accidents.
Applications of European type electric hoist:
- ND type electric hoist can be installed on I-beam or H-beam to complete the work alone.
- It can be used with AQ-HD European-style single girder bridge crane, European type double girder hoist overhead crane, and European-style hoist gantry crane.
ND European-style hoists in use:
Technical parameters of ND European type hoist:
|Technical Parameter of ND European Style Wire Rope Electric Hoist|
Electric Overhead Chain Hoist
Electric chain hoist uses metal chain as the lifting medium, which can last longer than wire rope. However, it runs slowly compared with wire rope electric hoist.
The types of chain hoists we provide include:
- Ordinary electric chain hoist
- European standard chain hoist
- Explosion-proof chain hoist
- Low headroom chain hoist
Advantages of chain hoist:
- Small size
- Compact structure
- Light weight
- Convenient operation
- Wide range of applications
Applications of overhead chain hoist:
- It can be installed on AQ-LD single girder overhead crane, AQ-LX underhung crane, single girder gantry crane, jib crane, etc.
- It can also be installed on suspended I-beams, curved rails, and fixed lifting points to lift heavy objects.
Electric chain hoists in use:
Technical parameters of electric chain hoist:
|Technical Parameter of Electric Chain Hoist|
HB Explosion Proof Electric Hoist
HB explosion proof electric hoist complies with the requirements of JB/T10222-2001 “Explosion-proof Wire Rope Electric Hoist”, and the explosion-proof grades are ExdⅡBT4 and ExdⅡCT4 respectively.
Advantages of HB electric hoist:
- Compact structure, light weight, small size
- Using explosion-proof cone brake motor with large starting torque, which can adapt to frequent direct starting in continuous wor
- Using standard modular helical gear reducer, withsmooth transmission, low noise, long life, easy maintenance and assembly.
- The electric control system has protection or warning functions such as loss of voltage protection, interlock protection, overload limiter, overload alarm, etc.
Applications of HB explosion proof hoist:
- It can be used alone with the fixed suspension track in the workshop.
- It can also be used in conjunction with the AQ-LXB explosion-proof single girder suspension crane, AQ-LB explosion-proof single girder overhead crane, and explosion-proof hoist double girder bridge crane.
Technical parameters of explosion proof hoist:
|Technical Parameter of BCD/HB Explosion-proof Electric Hoist|
YH Series Metallurgical Electric Overhead Hoist
Advantages of YH series hoist:
- The work duty is M6.
- The hoisting mechanism is equipped with a support brake and a safety brake.When the cone motor brake fails or the intermediate transmission link fails, the DC electromagnetic brake installed on the high-speed shaft of the reducer or the ratchet brake installed on the drum starts to brake.
- The insulation class of the hoisting motor and the running motor is H-class, and the overheating protection device is installed in the hoisting motor winding.
- The steel wire rope adopts high-strength high-temperature resistant steel wire rope specially used in metallurgical occasions.
- It has multiple protection functions such as double limit, load limiter, heat insulation plate, etc.
- The control mode preferentially adopts remote control.
Applications of metallurgical electric hoist:
- It is mainly used for lifting molten metal.
- It can be used in conjunction with the AQ-LDY type metallurgical overhead crane, or it can be installed on the fixed suspension track in the workshop.
Technical parameters of YH metallurgy electric hoist:
|Technical Parameter of YH Metallurgy Electric Hoist|
To Sum Up
We hope this article will help you better understand the different types of bridge crane hoist and how to choose the right hoist configuration when designing your bridge crane system.
If you are interested in learning more about overhead hoist and crane, please feel free to contact us and speak with our crane experts.