Multi-point Positioning Mooring Systems
Aicrane multipoint positioning mooring systems can consist of several mooring winches with a centralized control system, in addition to local control for each winch. The multipoint mooring systems can be 4 point mooring, 6 point mooring, 8 point mooring, 12 point mooring, etc.
Our professional engineers can develop the most stable and efficient arrangement plan for all types of offshore vessels requiring advanced mooring. For example, for four point mooring system, according to the requirements of different customers, the four-point mooring winch can be designed as single drum + single warping head (optional), that is, there are four sets of single drum mooring winches on board, or double drum configuration, that is, there are only two sets of double drum mooring winches on board.
Example One: Six Point Mooring Winch System Exported To Vietnam
Aicrane 6-point mooring winch system, including six 30-ton hydraulic mooring winches and hydraulic power units were exported to Vietnam. This mooring system offers a safe, secure and comfortable platform for offshore operations. The working load of the hydraulic mooring winches is 30 ton, the nominal speed is 12m/min, the drum capacity is 38mm*1000m (totally 10 layers), the holding load is 90T, with hydraulically operated brake and clutch.
Example Two: Four Point Mooring System For Vietnamese Customer
We developed a 4-point mooring system including four 15 ton hydraulic mooring winches and HPUs for a customer in Vietnam. With this optimal mooring configuration, an efficient, high performance and safe positioning mooring operation can be achieved.
What Are The Two Types of Mooring Winches?
According to the power source, Aicrane mooring winch in ship comes in two main types: electric mooring winches and hydraulic mooring winches.
Electric Mooring Winch
Driven by the electric motor, the winch provides safe and reliable mooring operation. Single speed or two speed motor is available for you to choose from. What’s more, variable speed is optional, which is achieved using an electric frequency inverter.
The main parts of electric winch include electric motor, gearbox, drum, warping head (optional), clutch, brake system and gypsy wheel (for combined mooring winch).
Electric winch options include: single or double drum, grooved drum, variable frequency drive (VFD), single speed or two speed, manual band brake, manual clutch, push-button control box or remote control (wired or wireless remote control), rope spooling device, etc.
Hydraulic Mooring Winch
The hydraulically driven winch features high strength and durability, which is ideal for the heavier duty marine applications. This durable winch machine mainly consists of hydraulic motor, drum, clutch, brake system and warping head (optional). In addition, a hydraulic power pack is required to operate the marine winch. During mooring work, the hydraulic motor drives the drum by hydraulic power pack units to wind the rope or cable in and out. Manual or hydraulic band brake and clutch are available as optional.
Hydraulic winch options include: single or double drum, grooved drum, drum guard, hydraulically operated band brake, hydraulically operated clutch, hydraulic power units (HPU), drum pressure rollers, spooling gears, etc.
Other Types of Mooring Winches Offered by Aicrane
According to drum configuration, Aicrane mooring winches can be divided into single drum and double drum mooring winches, and double drum winches can be divided into parallel and waterfall type double drums. We also offer explosion-proof mooring winches which can be used in the oil and gas industry where there is a risk of explosion or burning, automatic tension mooring winches, windlass mooring winches, split drum mooring winches, etc.
Double Drum Mooring Winch
The double drum mooring winch is available with coaxial and waterfall configurations. It is designed to handle different line sizes at higher efficiency. Our winches are ruggedly designed and built for operation in hazardous environments. Whatever your mooring requirements, we can work with you to find the most appropriate solution.
Automatic Tension Mooring Winch
With automatic constant tension control system, the automatic tension mooring winch can automatically retract and release the rope with the fluctuation of the tide, and can maintain a constant tension of the rope to achieve reliable positioning of your ship.
Videos of Mooring Winches
Features And Options of Aicrane Mooring Winches
- Electric, hydraulic or diesel drives
- Multiple drum configurations with different sizes to meet varied mooring needs
- Constant tension system, integral modular gearbox, fail-safe motor brake
- A variety of winch controls, emergency release
- Manual or hydraulic clutches, manual or hydraulically operated band brake
- Warping heads available for line handling
- Rope guide to help spool rope better on the drum
- Epoxy zinc rich primer marine coating to withstand harsh marine conditions
- Classification society: BV, ABS, DNV, RMRS, etc.
The Importance Of Mooing Winch For Ships
First of all, you need to understand what is a mooring winch.
Mooring winch is a type of marine winch. It can operate effectively when the ship is mooring or berthing, and has many functions such as drifting, supporting and positioning during loading and unloading of the ship.
The mooring winch can adjust and compensate the deviation caused by vibration with constant tension. A mooring winch installed on shore for loading or unloading of a ship is an example of the constant tension adjustment feature.
Then, why mooring winches are important for ships.
As an important mooring equipment, the mooring winch can be found on all kinds of ships to steady the vessels at a particular point, keep them and the surroundings safe. It also makes the mooring work efficient and effortless since it can be operated electrically or hydraulically.
The winch machine mainly consists of drums onto which the rope or cable winds. During mooring operation, the drum will rotate to wind the rope in and out. The resulting tension enables you to pull a heavy load. The number of drums is determined by the size of your ship. Warp end can be used to help the ship align properly.
To achieve a safe mooring work, a range of safety equipment can be used, such as band brake, emergency crank, limit switch, load limiter and over speed warning. You can stop the drum movement at any time using a band brake. Limit switch is used to limit the upper and lower stroke. In addition, the strength of the winch is an important factor that decides the safety and success of the mooring operation.
Since each component and part of the winch plays important roles, it is critical to purchase from a dependable and reputable mooring winch manufacturer. If you have any need for quality winch equipment, don’t hesitate to contact us.
What Winch Service We Provide
Do you know that we not only design and manufacture winches, but service it for customers? Over the years, Aicrane has established a perfect service system that comprises several service networks in Uzbekistan, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, etc., and over 60 after-sales service engineers to make sure that the equipment we supply works perfectly for customers.
Our service includes:
- Equipment installation, commissioning and acceptance
- Training and instruction for the winch operators and maintenance workers.
- Warranty and free technical advice
- Spare parts service. We offer the original and quality spare parts for the equipment maintenance.
- Our service is available at 7*24hours every week.
- Local service in Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, and Uzbekistan.
Maintenance And Inspection of Mooring Winches
To ensure your mooring winches continue to operate efficiently, winch inspection and maintenance are essential. Here we briefly list some maintenance items and inspection items so that you can have a simple understanding. In the daily operation of the winch, if you have any problems with the use of the winch, you can contact our after-sales specialists to solve it.
Maintenance Done On The Mooring Winch
- 1. Check the corrosion of the shell and anchor bolts. Derust and paint regularly.
- 2. Regularly check whether the brake is reliable, and whether the clutch is flexible.
- 3. Check the wear and corrosion of the drum.
- 4. Check the pope. For plant fiber rope, check for wear on the appearance and mildew in the strands. It cannot be used if the strands are mildew. The rope should be washed and dried before storage. For synthetic fiber rope, check the wear on the appearance. Wash and dry the rope before storing. For steel wire rope, check for rust, broken wires and oil content of the linseed core. If the broken wire exceeds the standard, replace it with a new one.
Inspection of Mooring Winches
1. Abnormal noise of the winch drum
- The main reason forthe abnormal noise includes: the bolts of the drum shell are loose; the gap between the shell and the supporting wheel (flange) is too large; cracks occur in the drum shell; the fixing screws of the moving roller and the bushing are loose, causing relative sliding between the roller and the bushing; the gap between the bushing and the main shaft is worn too much; the worm gear screw clutch is loose.
- The solution can be determined according to the inspection. If the nut is loose, it can be tightened during the shift; if the noise is not serious, the load of the winch can be appropriately reduced, pay attention to observation, and maintain it until the specified shutdown for maintenance; if the noise is serious, stop immediately for repair or replace.
2. The wire ropes on the winch drum are not neatly arranged
- The hazards of the untidy arrangement of the wire ropes on the winch drum: accelerate the wear of the wire ropes; the wire ropewill slide out of the drum.
- The main reason for the untidy arrangement of the wire ropes on the winch drum: improper arrangement of the winch, that is, the deflection angle of the wire rope does not meet the specified requirements; the guide wheel is short of oil and cannot slide left and right when the steel wire rope is wound on the drum; the rope spooling device has failed or has been dismantled.
- Solutions: if the installation is improper or the rope spooling device fails, it should be reported in time, and a special person should be asked to deal with it; if the operation or maintenance is improper, it should be carefully operated and maintained in accordance with the regulation.
3. Abnormal noise and vibration during the operation of the winch reducer
- The main reason for abnormal noise and vibrationduring the operation of the reducer: the gear meshing gap is too tight or too loose; the bearing clearance is too large; the reducer or bearing bolts are loose; sundries fell into the reducer.
- Solutions: adjust the gear meshing gap to an appropriate level. If the wear is severe, the gear should be replaced; repair or replace loose bearings; tighten the loose screws; if any sundries fall into the reducer, stop the operation immediately and eliminate the fault.
Contact Us For The Latest Mooring Winch Price!
Over the years, we’ve been dedicated to the design and supply of winch machines for construction, mine, marine and offshore applications. We can custom design and build the winch equipment to meet your specific needs.
If you want to get the latest mooring winch prices or consult mooring winch systems suitable for your vessels, please feel free to contact us. At Aicrane, you can get the right mooring winch system and price with the help of our winch engineers and project consultants.
When discussing your project requirements with our project consultants, you will need to address some information so that we can provide the correct type of winch equipment and an accurate quotation, such as electric, hydraulic or diesel power; load capacity or pulling force; line type, length and diameter; single drum or double drum; single speed, two speed or variable speed; classification society: BV, ABS, DNV, RMRS, etc. To get the right mooring winch equipment and price, contact us today!