Light steel structure can be suited to any type of projects. It makes the construction of the building fast, easy, and also cost-effective. In addition, this type of steel structure frame makes it possible to create large free span and useful space for industrial buildings such as workshops, warehouses, industrial sheds and storage. The structural steel buildings can be designed to be single span, double span and multi span depending on your requirements.
Steel Structure Shed And 10 Ton Overhead Crane in Uzbekistan
The steel structure industrial shed and AQ-LD 10 ton single girder overhead crane were installed at our customer site in Uzbekistan.
Installation of Steel Structure And Double Girder Overhead Crane in Thailand
With the help of our engineers, the installation of steel structures and double girder overhead crane is progressing smoothly at our customer site in Thailand.
Steel Structure Workshop and 5 Ton Overhead Cranes in Algeria
The dimension of the steel structure workshop is 105m*24m*11m, with two single girder 5 ton overhead cranes. The main steel components are welded H-beam, roof and wall purlins are C and Z purlins with medium gray paint, and roof and wall panels are EPS sandwich panels with thickness 50mm.
Steel Structure Chicken Coop in Ecuador
The dimension of the steel structure chicken coop is 150m*14m*2.55m, and the steel columns and beams are I-beams, hot-dip galvanized. The purlins are galvanized Z purlins.
Light Steel Structure Warehouse in Australia
We produce and manufacture steel warehouse structures according to drawings provided by the Australian customer.
Different Structure Forms
- Purlin: most of the light steel structures adopt a purlin system. There are several types: solid-web thin-walled steel purlins, open-web purlins composed of angle steel and plaques, and truss-type purlins.
- Truss: truss is the main load-bearing component in the roof structure. The form of the truss includes triangle, trapezoid, shuttle, etc. It can be made of angle steel thin-walled steel, round pipe, square pipe, etc.
- Steel frame: there are single-layer and multi-layer steel frames, and the steel frame members are available in solid web and lattice type. The multi-layer steel frame can effectively use the building space, reduce the height of the building, and have a simple and beautiful appearance.
- Grid frame: the light steel grid structure has a spatial effect. Compared with the plane structure of beams, slabs and trusses, it has the characteristics of good integrity and high rigidity, and can effectively bear dynamic loads such as earthquakes.
Examples of Lightweight Steel Structure Buildings
Light Steel Structure Workshop:
It takes the form of light steel frame. The structure can be single span, double span and multi span according to your requirements. A 20 ton overhead crane designed for moderate service will be installed inside the building. Other types of light duty overhead cranes are available for you to choose from.
The roof is designed with organized drainage for simple and better façade effect. It uses polyurethane roof panel as well as self-cleaning panel to reduce the ash accumulation and keep the roof clean.
The wall uses polyurethane wall panel, which has excellent heat and sound insulation.
The light steel building has large span, better appearance, excellent bearing capacity and fast drainage. It is easy and fast to erect.
Light Steel Structure for Warehouse:
It is ideal for light warehousing. The warehouse light steel structure can be either large or small.
It usually composed of steel beams, steel columns, steel trusses and other components made of section steel and steel plates. Each component or part is connected by welds, bolts or rivets.
The biggest advantage of choosing a steel structure warehouse is that the construction period is short and the construction is more convenient, so the investment cost is greatly reduced.
In addition, the warehouse built with steel structure is light and has a large utilization area. It also has high fire resistance and strong corrosion resistance.
Light Weight Galvanized Steel Structure:
The steel is coated with a protective zinc to prevent it from rusting and corroding, thus the galvanized steel structure building has longer maintenance-free service life than an ordinary steel frame building. The thickness of coating can be varied to suit a range of environments.
Multi-storey Steel Structure Building:
The primary structure uses light steel structure frame. The building floor uses a combined form with steel structure and concrete. The roof panel uses profiled steel plate, and the wall uses polyurethane wall panel. There are 2 story steel building, 3 story steel building and multi story steel building for you to choose.
Benefits of Using Light Steel Structures
- Fast, easy and cost-effective construction
The materials used in the steel structure are simple and finished, and the processing is relatively simple. Therefore, they are generally made into components in specialized light steel structure factories with high accuracy. The components can be assembled on the construction site by using ordinary bolts and high-strength bolts. Sometimes they can be assembled and welded on the ground to form larger units and then hoisted to assemble, thereby shortening the construction period.
- Thermal insulation and acoustical insulation
The use of high-efficiency energy-saving walls has good heat preservation, heat insulation and sound insulation effects, and can reach the energy-saving standard of 50%.
- Excellent resistance to harsh weather conditions
The main load-bearing components of light gauge steel frame structure are steel, which has good toughness and elasticity. The overall structure has strong stability. Even if an earthquake occurs, the metal building will not collapse immediately.
- It is able to create large spans.
Taking advantage of the high strength of steel, the light steel structure design can be arranged with large bays, so that the building plane can be reasonably separated.
- Environmentally friendly
The light steel frame building is formed by connecting steel plates, enclosure plates, etc., which can be disassembled at any time. Moreover, it has high flexibility and can be reused, effectively reducing resource waste and protecting the natural environment.
- It can be easily adapted to future uses
It is easy to rebuild and reinforce the already built steel structure, and the structure connected by bolts can also be demolished as needed.
- Long life span of steel frame
The lightweight steel structure building is all composed of cold-formed thin-walled steel component system, and the steel frame is made of anti-corrosion high-strength cold-rolled galvanized sheet, which effectively avoids the corrosion of steel plate during construction and use, and increases the service life of light steel components.
- It can be customized to meet your project’s specifications.
There are many styles of industrial steel structures with unique design and strong aesthetics. Moreover, the enclosure can also be matched with different colors, which is flexible and diverse.
Structural Features of Light Weight Metal Building
- The structural steel has a small cross-sectional dimension, which can create useful spaces for buildings, reduce building height and have a better appearance.
- The light steel frame construction has good rigidity and light weight. The steel beams and columns can be assembled, making it easy to fabricate, transport and install.
- The amount of steel used to construct light steel frame building is only 1/5-1/10 of common steel structure, thus it is an economical and reliable option.
Applications of Prefabricated Light Weight Steel Structure
Due to the fast construction speed, low steel consumption and good overall economic benefits, the light steel structure is suitable for small and medium-span industrial plants with overhead crane less than 20 tons, warehouses, small and medium-sized gymnasiums, etc. In addition, because the light weight steel structure is easy to assemble and disassemble, it is suitable for temporary structures that need to be demolished.
The scope of application includes:
- The building span is 9-24m, and column height is 4.5-9m. The roof load is small.
- This steel structure is suitable for factories where there are overhead cranes designed for light duty and moderate service, or no cranes inside the facility.
- When the building span does not exceed 15m, and column height does not exceed 6m, the roof frame beam should be in the form of an equal-section frame. Otherwise, it should be variable section frame. The variable-section steel frame has reasonable force and also saves materials. However, it is not as convenient as the equal-section frame in terms of fabrication and structural connection.
Main Components of Steel Structures
Light steel structure building uses steel as the primary structural element, mainly including steel columns, steel beams, purlins, bracing system and building envelope. It is usually custom designed and constructed to your requirements.
Primary structure: steel columns, steel beams, wind-resistant columns and runway beams. The main material is Q235B or Q345B. The column and beam generally use H-beam steel or C channel steel. The runway beams are used to support overhead crane system, so they are generally installed in the upper part of the factory.
Secondary structure: purlins, bracing systems. C-shaped purlins are commonly used to support wall and roof panels. While the Z-shaped purlins are ideal for large slope roof. The thickness of C-shaped purlins is 2.5mm or 3mm. The horizontal and vertical bracing systems are aimed for overall stability of the building.
Envelope material: color steel tile and sandwich panel. The thickness of commonly used color steel tile is below 0.8mm. While the thickness of sandwich panel can be 50mm, 75mm, 100mm or 150mm. In addition, the roof can be designed with color steel tile, insulation cotton and steel mesh for improved insulation.
In order to save energy as well as improve indoor lighting, the lighting panels are generally added to the roof.
We can send engineers to the site to guide the installation, but you need to pay salary, round-trip air tickets, visas, accommodation and other expenses.
At present, we have overseas offices in the Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Pakistan and Uzbekistan. If you have projects in these areas, you can directly get our local service support. We are currently also looking for excellent partners in some countries, hoping to become our agent.
Welcome to our factory for in-depth inspection, communication and cooperation.
The light steel structure can be distinguished by the cross-sectional composition of the main load-bearing components. The following structures can all be called light steel structures:
- Structure composed of cold-formed thin-walled steel;
- Structure composed of hot-rolled light section steel;
- Structure composed of welded and high-frequency welded lightweight steel;
- Structure composed of round tube, square tube, rectangular tube, etc.;
- Structure composed of components welded from thin steel plates.
Heavy steel structures:
- Steel workshop structure with overhead crane more than 25 tons.
- The amount of steel used per square meter is greater than or equal to 50kg/m2.
- The thickness of the main component steel plate is greater than or equal to 10
In addition, there are some references, such as cost per square meter, maximum component weight, maximum span, structural form, eaves height, etc.
There are three ways to connect steel structures:
- Welding connection
- Bolt connection
- Rivet connection
- After the steel structure building is installed, it is not allowed to change its structure, dismantle any bolts, and add or reduce the partition wall. If you need to change any part, you must negotiate with the light steel structure manufacturer who will decide whether it can be changed.
- The steel structure should be maintained with paint after it has been used for about 3 years, so as to maintain the beauty and safety of the building.
- The steel structure workshop should be cleaned and maintained regularly. Under normal circumstances, it needs to be inspected and maintained once a year. If the surface of the metal plate is damaged, it should be repaired in time to prevent it from being corroded by the sun and rain.
The maintenance of light steel structure has a great impact on its service life, so the users should pay enough attention to it. If you encounter any problems in maintenance, please feel free to contact us!
Contact Us for A Quote!
The light gauge steel structure building can be designed into any size and shape on requests. There are several factors to consider when choosing a steel frame construction for your building.
- The building length – the overall length of the building is depending on your requirements.
- Column spacing – it can be 6m, 7.5m, 9m and 12m.
- Span – it is generally in a range of 9m to 36m. When you require a large span, we can design a double span or multi-span based on your requirements.
- Height – it is usually 4.5-9m when there are no cranes inside the facility. However, if you want to install an overhead crane, the height is determined by the required crane specifications.
- Overhead crane and runway system – if one or more overhead cranes will be installed inside your building, you should specify the crane model, capacity, lifting height, work duty, runway length and so on.
- Additional requirements, such as wall and roof insulation.
Please fill in the contact form or send us an email to let us know your specific requirements. We have professional engineers to design the best light steel structure plan for your project!