Foundry crane is one of the key equipment in the steelmaking process, applicable to metal smelting workshops to lift and move hot molten metal. Foundry overhead cranes work in harsh environments with high temperature, high dust and harmful gases, and are generally suitable for ambient temperatures of -10 °C to + 50 °C. They are special cranes designed to meet JB / T7688.1-95 and JB / T7688.15-9 standards.
Features of Overhead Foundry Crane
- Use special motors for the crane. When the ambient temperature exceeds 40 °C, H-class insulated motors are used.
- The crane is equipped with two sets of independent brakes (double brake).
- The overhead crane is equipped with double limiters with different forms for lifting limit position. When the lifting height is greater than 20m, a lower limit position limiter is installed as required.
- The crane is equipped with a load limiter.
- The lifting mechanism has forward and reverse contactor failure protection function to prevent the motor from losing power while the brake is still energized, causing a stall.
- Take protective measures for the electrical control equipment of the crane.
- The protection level of all electrical equipment meets the requirements of relevant standards.
- Use a steel wire rope suitable for high temperature occasions with sufficient safety factor.
AQ-YZ foundry crane parameters:
- Load capacity: 5-320t
- Span: 10.5-31.5 m
- Lifting height: 6-24m
- Lifting speed: 6-13m/min
- Trolley running speed: 36-45.9m/min
- Crane running speed: 63-118.6m/min
- Work duty: A6-A8
Foundry Crane Specifications
|Technical Parameter of AQ-LDY Metallurgy Electric Single Girder Overhead Crane|
|Track type||P18 P24||P18 P24||P24||P24||P24 P30|
|Technical Parameter of AQ-YZ Hook Casting Overhead Crane|
|Track type||P38||P38 P43||P43 QU70||P43 QU70||QU70||QU80|
Composition of Overhead Crane for Foundry
According to user needs and crane operating conditions, the foundry crane generally adopts a double beam single trolley, or a four beam four rail double trolley structure form. For a large tonnage bridge crane, the structure of four beam six rail and double trolley is adopted.
The casting crane is mainly composed of five parts: the main trolley, the auxiliary trolley, the bridge, the crane travelling mechanism, the hook group and the electrical control system. The hook group is suspended on the main trolley by a wire rope, and the distance between the two plate hooks is fixed to lift the ladle. The two trolleys can be operated separately to complete various lifting operations, and can also be used in conjunction to complete the ladle overturning, pouring residual steel and waste residue operation. The main and auxiliary lifting mechanism adopts stator for voltage regulation and speed regulation. The trolley and crane travelling mechanisms use frequency conversion speed regulation, and the speed regulation ratio is 1:10, with PLC control.
Characteristics and configuration of the main lifting mechanism:
- The motor adopts YZR series metallurgical and lifting three-phase asynchronous motors with insulation class H and protection class IP54. The motor power adopts a redundant design. In addition to meeting the requirements of heating and overload, considering the special working conditions of the casting crane, the power of the motor can ensure that when one motor fails, the other can work for a short time to complete a working cycle.
- The reducer is a medium-hard tooth surface or hard tooth surface reducer specially designed according to the special working conditions of the foundry crane.
- Each set of winches has four independently wound steel-core steel wire ropes, with a safety factor n≥1, which can ensure that the ladle can be safely placed on the ground when one or two steel ropes on the diagonal line break.
- The lifting mechanism has four sets of brakes, ensuring that when one or a group of brakes fails, the other brakes can work normally for a short time.
- The main lifting mechanism adopts double limit protection, and there are overload limiter installed under the fixed pulley seat.
Characteristics and configuration of main trolley travelling mechanism:
- The main trolley travelling mechanism adopts a separate driving form and consists of two sets of mechanisms.
- Wheel material is 65Mn or CL60.
- Hydraulic buffers and mechanical travel limit switches are installed at the limits on both sides of the trolley.
Lifting and travelling mechanisms of auxiliary trolley:
- The travelling mechanism adopts centralized drive form.
- The lifting mechanism adopts double brake and double limit protection.
- The pulley on the beam uses a fully enclosed protective cover, and the lower part has a radiation protection device, which effectively improves the service life of the hook and beam.
- Hook and beam material is (Q345B) 16Mn.
Crane travelling mechanism:
- Install one hydraulic buffer at each corner of the overhead crane.
- Mechanical travel limit switches are installed at the limit on both sides of the crane travelling mechanism.
- When more than two cranes are arranged on the same span, a laser anti-collision device is provided.
- The main beam has strong bearing capacity and good overall rigidity.
- Set the jack apex at the appropriate position on the head of the bridge to facilitate maintenance and replacement of wheels and trolleys.
Safety Protection of Foundry Crane
- Main beam electric room adopts rock wool insulation layer.
- Crane bottom beam adopts radiation protection device.
- The driver’s cab is insulated.
Lifting mechanism, trolley and crane travelling mechanisms: limit protection, overspeed protection, overload protection, under-voltage protection, phase loss / out-of-phase protection, zero position protection, etc.
- Short circuit and overload protection
- Loss of pressure protection
- Zero position protection
- Emergency power off protection
- Lift limit protection
- Stroke limit protection
To learn more about our foundry crane, contact us now.