Electric overhead crane is typically used for manufacturing, warehousing, repair and maintenance applications to maximize your work efficiency and safety, as well as simplify your work flow. These cranes are electrically operated by a control pendant, wireless remote control, or from a cabin attached to the crane. Electric overhead travelling crane comes in four main configurations to suit different working conditions and lifting requirements, including single girder, double girder, top running and underhung system.
Single girder electric overhead travelling crane – utilizes a single bridge girder attached to the two end trucks and runways. The single beam supports a hoist that runs on the bottom flange of the bridge beam. Single girder cranes are commonly used for light duty to moderate applications, with capacities from 1 ton to 20 tons. These cranes are typically less expensive due to simple hoist and trolley design, reduced freight expenses and faster installation.
Single girder electric overhead crane parameters:
- Lifting Capacity: 0.5t~20t
- Span Length: 7.5~31.5m
- Working Class: A3~A4
- Operating Temperature: -20℃~40℃
Double girder electric overhead traveling crane: there are two bridge girders setting atop the end trucks. The cranes usually incorporate a top running trolley and hoist for increased headroom. Double girder cranes are suitable for heavier-duty applications, they can lift up to several hundred tons.
Double girder overhead travelling crane parameters:
- Lifting Capacity: 5~450t
- Span Length: 10.5~31.5m
- Lifting Height: 6~18m
- Lifting Speed: 2.1~12.5m/min
- Crane Travelling Speed: 42~90/min
- Working Class: A5~A6
Top running overhead crane: the bridge girder travels on top of rails mounted on runway beam. These cranes are the most common type of crane design, and are capable of handling extremely heavy loads. Top running cranes also offer maximum lifting height, reliable and durable performance.
Underhung crane – this type of crane can lift up to 10 tons. It is supported from the building roof structure and runs on the bottom flange of runway beams. Under running cranes offer excellent side approach, thus maximizing the utilization of the building’s width and height. These cranes also eliminate the needs for building columns or support columns, which will result in a great reduction in material cost.
Applications Of Electric Overhead Travelling Crane
Electric overhead cranes can handle large and heavy loads in a variety of industries, including:
- Warehousing and distribution
- Paper mill
- Steel mill
Benefits of Using Electric Overhead Cranes
- High work efficiency – overhead cranes are more efficient than using a group of workers to lift and move heavy materials.
- Excellent safety – overhead cranes can be used in extreme environments and handle corrosive or dangerous materials such as hot metals and chemicals. The cranes also utilize remote control or cabin control to ensure the operator safety.
- Custom design – overhead cranes can be custom designed and built to handle a variety of products or loads, such as the hook attachments or specialized tooling.
- Load control – push button pendant, wireless remote control or cabin control allows for a better view and keep the operator away from loads and any associated hazards.
- Reduction of material damage and accidents – overhead cranes allow for smooth transportation over obstacles, handling products gently to minimize damage.
Selection Of An Electric Overhead Bridge Crane
There are a number of requirements to be taken into account in order to select the right overhead crane system for the job:
- Crane capacity required
- Lifting height
- Duty cycle of the crane
- Hook approach
- Length of runway system
- Environment that the crane will be operating in
- What control system is desired?
- Are there existing cranes on the runway?
- Other accessoriesyou may require such as lights, warning horns, weigh scales, limit switches, etc.
If you are unsure as to which type of overhead crane is right for you, please feel free to contact us and discuss the above information with one of our professionals. They will assist you to select the most suitable crane for your business.
Why Choose Aicrane?
With a wealth of experience in the material handling industry, our group can be your trusted partner:
Quality products – all the crane products are designed and built according to stringent quality standards. They are ruggedly constructed using high quality steel.
Reasonable cost – our overhead cranes are competitively priced.
Technical support – we offer technical service and design the most suitable and affordable overhead crane system for your business.
Perfect service – we provide a wide range of after-sales service including the installation and commissioning of the equipment, staff training and 12-month warranty.
To learn more about our electric overhead cranes or discuss how we can help with your project, contact us today.
|Technical Parameter of AQ-LD Single Girder Overhead Crane|
|Track type||P24||P24||P24||P24||P24 P38||P24 P38||P24 P38|
|Technical Parameter of AQ-QD Double Girder Overhead Crane|