Container gantry crane is designed to improve the efficiency of container yard operations. It is responsible for stacking, loading and unloading containers, and the transportation of containers is done by a container trailer. The typical container gantry crane is a rail mounted gantry crane with high work efficiency, reliablity and safety. In addition, we also provide standard gantry cranes equipped with container spreaders to meet container handling needs while reducing customer costs.
Cases of Aicrane Container Handling Gantry Cranes
Different Types And Options of Aicrane Container Gantry Cranes
We supply different types and options of container gantry cranes to meet varied container handling needs as well as budget requirements of customers: RMG container gantry crane and universal gantry crane with container spreader. RMG crane is a specialized container handling gantry crane, which is widely used in railway, ports, container yards, etc., while the universal gantry crane is a more cost-effective choice for customers with tight budgets.
Rail Mounted Container Gantry Crane For Sale
Rail mounted gantry crane, also known as RMG crane, is a great choice for handling and stacking large containers. It runs along the track, lifting and stacking containers within the specified range of the container yard. The lifting mechanism, trolley mechanism and crane travelling mechanism are mostly controlled by AC frequency conversion. The hoisting mechanism is generally in the form of a single drum, and it can also be designed in the form of a double drum as required.
Rail Mounted Gantry Crane
- Span: 18-35m
- Lifting height: 12.3-21m
- Lifting speed: 9.2-12.5m/min
- Trolley running speed: 45-56m/min
- Crane running speed: 42-50m/min
- Work duty: A6-A8
- Custom design available
- Electric drive, save energy and reduce pollution – since the rail mounted gantry crane is driven by electric energy, it has certain advantages in reducing noise and eliminating exhaust emissions, and is a more environmentally friendly device.
- High yard utilization – the span of the RMG gantry crane is relatively large. Generally, it can accommodate 8 to 15 columns of containers stacked inside the span, or multiple lanes can be placed in the span, so that the site space can be better utilized.
- High degree of automation – generally, various devices for intelligent control and automatic operation are installed on the rail-mounted container gantry crane, such as storage system, retrieval system, positioning system, etc. In addition, the mechanism design with high running speed is adopted, which can greatly improve the working efficiency.
- Reliable performance – the rail mounted gantry crane is superior to the rubber tyred gantry crane in terms of stacking height, stacking container positioning accuracy control, anti-sway performance and the stress state of the steel structure.
- Lifting mechanism – the lifting mechanism consists of electric motor, disc brake, reducer, and duplex drum. The wire rope drum lifting mechanism is driven by an AC motor, and a single-layer rope groove drum is driven by a closed spiral gear reduction box to wind the rope. The motor has enough power to ensure good acceleration performance.
An elastic coupling with a brake disc is provided between the hoisting motor and the reduction box. The brake is a hydraulic push rod disc brake released by a spring brake push rod.
An overspeed switch is provided on the high-speed shaft end of the hoisting mechanism. When the motor speed exceeds 115% of the rated speed, the entire machine is stopped in emergency.
Detected by the weight sensor, when the load under the spreader is between 100% and 110% of the rated load, the rated load indicator light in the driver’s cab is displayed. When the load under the spreader exceeds 110% of the rated load, the buzzer alarms, the overload indicator flashes, and the PLC prohibits the lifting mechanism from continuing to lift upwards, but allows the lifting speed limit to drop and lower the load.
- Trolley travelling mechanism – the trolley running mechanism generally consists of a wheel set, a motor, a reducer, a brake, a coupling, etc. or a three-in-one reducer and a guide wheel set.
- Crane travelling mechanism – RMG crane travelling mechanism mainly consists of three-in-one reducer drive, rail clamp, buffer, wheel clamp, etc.
Universal Gantry Crane For Container Handling
If you are on a tight budget, we can recommend a more cost-effective option: a universal double girder gantry crane with a container spreader. This type of shipping container gantry crane is simple in structure, convenient in operation and affordable in price, and is very popular among customers.
Features And Benefits of Our Gantry Cranes
- Quality assurance – the selection of steel plates is strictly in accordance with national standards and purchased from large-scale domestic steel mills to ensure the quality of raw materials. The Aicrane factory has a testing center, covering non-destructive testing room, metallographic analysis room, hardness testing room, mechanical testing room and chemical testing room to ensure the quality of raw materials
- Long service life – our gantry crane products use epoxy zinc-rich primer, epoxy micaceous iron intermediate paint, and polyurethane topcoat to ensure product appearance and improve service life.
- Safe and reliable – gantry crane has short circuit protection, voltage loss protection, emergency stop protection, overload limiter, zero position and interlock protection, phase failure, phase misalignment, overvoltage protection, grounding protection and other protection devices to ensure safe and reliable operation.
- Intelligent – our crane equipment can be installed with smart monitors and IoT management, which allow users to check the status of the equipment at any time, remind to replace the wearing parts and maintain the equipment.
How to Select The Right Container Gantry Crane For Your Business
The selection of container crane needs to be comprehensively considered based on factors such as the terminal’s capacity, collection and transportation methods, terminal road area, environmental protection, investment costs and operating costs. Here we provide three easy steps to help you choose the right gantry crane for your application:
1. Determine the type of container gantry crane.
What type of container gantry crane do you need? Rail-mounted gantry crane or rubber-tired gantry crane? The two types of gantry cranes are widely used in container yards and have similar functions, but there are certain differences in technical performance, loading and unloading performance, operational performance, economic performance, and automation performance.
Compared with rubber tyred gantry crane, rail mounted gantry crane has the advantages of high technical performance, high loading and unloading efficiency, low operation cost, high utilization of the yard, convenient operation and maintenance, and easy to realize automation. Moreover, the span and overhang distance of RMG crane can be customized to meet the requirements of different yard operations. However, RTG gantry cranes are unmatched in terms of maneuverability and flexibility. Choosing the right type is critical to the efficiency and safety of your container handling operations.
2. You have to be clear of your gantry crane parameters.
The main parameters of the container crane include: load capacity, span, lifting height, lifting speed, work duty, etc. Know your gantry crane parameters to ensure the crane you choose has the right size and capacity for your application.
3. Consider your budget.
With the wide variety of container gantry cranes available, choosing the right gantry crane equipment within your budget is critical to maximizing the value of your business.
So how do you choose the right gantry crane within your budget? That’s what our experienced engineers do. According to the parameters of the gantry crane and budget you provide, our engineers will comprehensively consider and recommend the most suitable gantry crane for your requirements and budget.
For example, our engineers can provide rail-mounted gantry crane solutions or AQ-MG double-girder gantry cranes with container spreaders to suit different budget requirements.
If you’re not sure which type of gantry crane is right for you, simply contact Aicrane! Our project consultants and engineers will work together to help you!
Why Choose Aicrane?
Aicrane has extensive experience in providing gantry crane solutions to customers worldwide. We not only sell crane products, but also provide one-stop service including solution design, production, delivery, installation and after-sales service to ensure the continuous operation and performance of your gantry crane system. Learn about Aicrane and what we can do for you.
The Aicrane factory covers an area of 850,000 square meters, and the production license covers all kinds of cranes, hoists, steel structures and winch products. We can ensure fast production and delivery, as well as competitive prices. Feel free to visit the Aicrane factory anytime!
Our professional crane engineers and project consultants fully discuss product requirements and budget with customers to provide the most suitable lifting solutions for their business.
Customer service specialists follow up the order execution one-on-one, report the progress regularly, arrange delivery, installation and other work in advance to ensure that the equipment is completed and delivered to the customer site in time.
We have a dedicated after-sales team to visit customers regularly to understand the status of equipment and solve customer’s after-sales problems in time.
Aicrane has local sales staff and service teams in Indonesia, Malaysia, Philipplines, Uzbekistan, Vietnam and other countries to provide on-site service within 24 hours. There are local warehouses so that customers can get accessories in time.