Container gantry crane is designed to improve the efficiency of container yard operations. It is responsible for stacking, loading and unloading containers, and the transportation of containers is done by a container trailer. The typical container gantry crane is a rail mounted gantry crane with high work efficiency, reliablity and safety. In addition, we also provide standard gantry cranes equipped with container spreaders to meet container handling needs while reducing customer costs.
Cases of Aicrane Container Handling Gantry Cranes
Rail Mounted Container Gantry Crane For Sale
Rail mounted gantry crane, also known as RMG crane, is a great choice for handling and stacking large containers. It runs along the track, lifting and stacking containers within the specified range of the container yard. The lifting mechanism, trolley mechanism and crane travelling mechanism are mostly controlled by AC frequency conversion. The hoisting mechanism is generally in the form of a single drum, and it can also be designed in the form of a double drum as required.
Advantages Of RMG Container Gantry Cranes
- Electric drive, save energy and reduce pollution – since the rail mounted container gantry crane is driven by electric energy, it has certain advantages in reducing noise and eliminating exhaust emissions, and is a more environmentally friendly device.
- High yard utilization – the span of the RMG container crane is relatively large. Generally, it can accommodate 8 to 15 columns of containers stacked inside the span, or multiple lanes can be placed in the span, so that the site space can be better utilized.
- High degree of automation – generally, various devices for intelligent control and automatic operation are installed on the rail-mounted container gantry crane, such as storage system, retrieval system, positioning system, etc. In addition, the mechanism design with high running speed is adopted, which can greatly improve the working efficiency.
- Reliable performance – the rail mounted gantry crane is superior to the rubber tyred gantry crane in terms of stacking height, stacking container positioning accuracy control, anti-sway performance and the stress state of the steel structure.
Technical Parameters of RMG Gantry Cranes
- Span: 18-35m
- Lifting height: 12.3-21m
- Lifting speed: 9.2-12.5m/min
- Trolley running speed: 45-56m/min
- Crane running speed: 42-50m/min
- Work duty: A6-A8
- Custom design available
How to Select The Right Container Gantry Crane For Your Business
The selection of container crane needs to be comprehensively considered based on factors such as the terminal’s capacity, collection and transportation methods, terminal road area, environmental protection, investment costs and operating costs. Here we provide three easy steps to help you choose the right gantry crane for your application:
1. Determine the type of container gantry crane.
What type of shipping container gantry crane do you need? Rail-mounted gantry crane or rubber-tired gantry crane? The two types of gantry cranes are widely used in container yards and have similar functions, but there are certain differences in technical performance, loading and unloading performance, operational performance, economic performance, and automation performance.
Compared with rubber tyred gantry crane, rail mounted gantry crane has the advantages of high technical performance, high loading and unloading efficiency, low operation cost, high utilization of the yard, convenient operation and maintenance, and easy to realize automation. Moreover, the span and overhang distance of RMG crane can be customized to meet the requirements of different yard operations. However, RTG gantry cranes are unmatched in terms of maneuverability and flexibility. Choosing the right type is critical to the efficiency and safety of your container handling operations.
2. You have to be clear of your gantry crane parameters.
The main parameters of the container handling gantry crane include: load capacity, span, lifting height, the type of container to be lifted (20′ or 40′), the number of containers handled per hour, stacking height such as stacking three to pass four or stacking four to pass five, whether the spreader is parallel to the main beam or vertical to the main beam, whether the spreader can be rotated, etc. Know your container gantry crane parameters to ensure the crane you choose has the right size and capacity for your application.
3. Consider your budget.
With the wide variety of container gantry cranes available, choosing the right gantry crane equipment within your budget is critical to maximizing the value of your business.
So how do you choose the right gantry crane within your budget? That’s what our experienced engineers do. According to the parameters of the gantry crane and budget you provide, our engineers will comprehensively consider and recommend the most suitable gantry crane for your requirements and budget.
If you’re not sure which type of gantry crane is right for you, simply contact Aicrane! Our project consultants and engineers will work together to help you!
How to Operate A RMG Container Gantry Crane?
The rail-mounted container gantry crane is operated by a driver sitting in the driver’s cabin and controlling the linkage platform. The driver’s cabin is generally suspended under the trolley and moves with the trolley.
All operations of the crane can be performed on the linkage platform in the driver’s cabin. The driver can also operate the crane on the running side of the crane to facilitate temporary moving of the crane. When operating on the running side of the crane, electrical interlocking is achieved with the main operating linkage platform.
The drive control of the gantry container crane can be customized according to the user’s needs and currently includes: (1) conventional AC with eddy current speed regulation and braking system; (2) AC stator voltage regulation and speed regulation system; (3) thyristor DC constant speed regulation system and AC variable frequency speed regulation system. Different electrical drive control systems can be used for different mechanisms.
The Main Structure Of RMG Container Cranes
- Main Beam – the off-track box girder is often used. In order to avoid the high stress area caused by the wheel pressure for the flange weld, the “T” steel is used to weld the main beam face plate and load-bearing web to the rail part. The connection between the main beam and the rigid leg adopts high-strength bolts or welding, and the connection with the flexible leg adopts a hinged connection.
- Legs – both the rigid leg and the flexible leg adopt a box-shaped structure. For rail-mounted container gantry cranes with small and medium spans, the legs on both sides are made of rigid legs. For “Π” shaped legs, the strength and stiffness along the direction of the crane are realized through the rigid connection between the legs and the top beam. For U-shaped legs, it is realized through the rigid connection between the legs and the bottom beam, while the strength and rigidity along the direction of the trolley is realized by the rigid connection of the main beam and the rigid leg.
- Trolley – the structure of the trolley is different depending on whether the hoisting mechanism is a wire rope drum type or a telescopic rigid frame type. Generally, a combined structure of box girder and plate truss is adopted. The driver’s cab, electric control cabinet, anti-swaying device, festoon cable, etc. are all connected to the trolley structure.
- Auxiliary structure – the structure includes the electrical room and escalators, walkways, maintenance platforms, etc., located on one side of the main beam.
- The lifting mechanism consists of electric motor, disc brake, reducer, and duplex drum. The wire rope drum lifting mechanism is driven by an AC motor, and a single-layer rope groove drum is driven by a closed spiral gear reduction box to wind the rope. The motor has enough power to ensure good acceleration performance.
- An elastic coupling with a brake disc is provided between the hoisting motor and the reduction box. The brake is a hydraulic push rod disc brake released by a spring brake push rod.
- An overspeed switch is provided on the high-speed shaft end of the hoisting mechanism. When the motor speed exceeds 115% of the rated speed, the entire machine is stopped in emergency.
- Detected by the weight sensor, when the load under the spreader is between 100% and 110% of the rated load, the rated load indicator light in the driver’s cab is displayed. When the load under the spreader exceeds 110% of the rated load, the buzzer alarms, the overload indicator flashes, and the PLC prohibits the lifting mechanism from continuing to lift upwards, but allows the lifting speed limit to drop and lower the load.
Trolley travelling mechanism
- The trolley running mechanism generally consists of a wheel set, a motor, a reducer, a brake, a coupling, etc. or a three-in-one reducer and a guide wheel set.
Crane travelling mechanism
- RMG crane travelling mechanism mainly consists of three-in-one reducer drive, rail clamp, buffer, wheel clamp, etc.
Why Choose Aicrane?
Aicrane has extensive experience in providing gantry crane solutions to customers worldwide. We not only sell crane products, but also provide one-stop service including solution design, production, delivery, installation and after-sales service to ensure the continuous operation and performance of your gantry crane system. Learn about Aicrane and what we can do for you.
The Aicrane factory covers an area of 850,000 square meters, and the production license covers all kinds of cranes, hoists, steel structures and winch products. We can ensure fast production and delivery, as well as competitive prices. Feel free to visit the Aicrane factory anytime!
Our professional crane engineers and project consultants fully discuss product requirements and budget with customers to provide the most suitable lifting solutions for their business.
Customer service specialists follow up the order execution one-on-one, report the progress regularly, arrange delivery, installation and other work in advance to ensure that the equipment is completed and delivered to the customer site in time.
We have a dedicated after-sales team to visit customers regularly to understand the status of equipment and solve customer’s after-sales problems in time.
Aicrane has local sales staff and service teams in Indonesia, Malaysia, Philipplines, Uzbekistan, Vietnam and other countries to provide on-site service within 24 hours. There are local warehouses so that customers can get accessories in time.