Limited by the size of the ship’s deck, mooring winch and anchor windlass are sometimes combined into one piece of equipment – anchor mooring winch.
Aicrane combined winch consists of one or two drum in the middle, and an anchor gypsy wheel on each side. Such a combined design can realize the functions of anchoring and mooring on one piece of equipment.
We have years of experience in the design and manufacturing of anchor mooring winches, and we can provide you with the perfect winch system for your needs. Or if you need a customized winch, please feel free to contact us!
Features of Aicrane Anchor Mooring Winches
- Electric or hydraulic drive
- Structure: single or double drum with single or double gypsy wheel
- Manual clutch
- Manual band brake
- Suitable for fiber rope and steel wire rope drum
- Drum capacity is determined according to customer needs.
- Applicable ship type: maintenance work ship, tugboat, etc.
- Warping head
- Hydraulically controlled clutch and brake
- Rope spooling device
- Stainless steel brake hub
- Remote control of windlass
Two Main Types of Anchor Mooring Winch For Sale
Electric anchor mooring winch
|Load capacity||1~100 ton|
|Working speed||9 ~ 15 m/min|
|Drum||single or double|
The electric powered winch is very reliable and safe for your anchoring and mooring uses. It provides low operating costs, reliable performance and reqruires minimal maintenance. Our electric winch is available with a range of specifications and options to make sure you end up with an ideal winch system.
Hydraulic anchor and mooring winch
|Load capacity||10~100 ton|
|Dia of anchor chain||ø12mm – ø128mm|
|HPU||provided as client’s requirement|
Hydraulic winch is ideal for the most demanding tasks in marine. The overall structure is simple and reasonable and has sufficient strength and rigidity.
In terms of performance, the hydraulic power winch has the characteristics of good safety, high efficiency, large starting torque, good low-speed stability, low noise, reliable operation, etc.
Why Choose A Windlass Mooring Winch?
The main advantage of the mooring winch and windlass is that it not only saves manufacturing and installation costs, but also saves a lot of deck space.
Therefore, in the case of limited deck size, an anchoring and mooring winch is a great choice.
Applications of Anchor Mooring Winches
Hydraulic vs. Electric Winch, Which One to Choose?
What is an electric winch?
Electric winch is a motorized winch device that is used for lifting and pulling heavy or bulky items. The power source of the electric winch is an electric motor, which drives the main shaft to rotate after the large and small gears in the reduction box achieve multi-stage deceleration. Due to the high reduction ratio requirements, the reduction mechanism is relatively large.
What are electric winches used for?
Electric windlass and mooring winch is mainly used for small and medium-sized ships, suitable for anchor chain diameter of 16mm-93mm
Advantages of electric winches:
- Compact and simple structure
- Wide applications
- Convenient installation and maintenance
Disadvantages of electric winches:
Electric winches are not suitable for very heavy or large loads.
What is a hydraulic winch?
Hydraulic winch is also called electro-hydraulic winch, which is powered by a hydraulic system and pump. The electric motor drives the hydraulic pump, and the generated oil pressure drives the oil motor, and then through the reducer (or without the reducer) to make the windlass run.
What are hydraulic winches used for?
Hydraulic mooring winch and windlass is widely used for modern large and medium-sized ships. It is suitable for anchor chain diameter of 16mm-120mm.
Advantages of hydraulic winches:
- Ideal for heavy duty applications
- Durable and reliable
- Can be used continuously
- Can realize stepless speed regulation
- Can automatically prevent overload
Disadvantages of hydraulic winches:
- More expensive than electric winches
- Complicated installation process
- Require more maintenance care
- More complicated to operate
- Uses and working environment of the winch
- Load capacity or pulling force
- Drum capacity
- Chain diameter
You can discuss your winch specifications with our winch experts so they can help you choose the right anchoring and mooring equipment.
How Do You Use An Anchor Mooring Winch?
Generally, the anchoring operation is manually controlled on the deck, and the mooring operation is remotely controlled by the control panel in the cab.
In the anchoring mode, the control system limits part of the power output in order to obtain the required anchoring pull force and speed.
In the mooring operation mode, the control system outputs all the power.
Why Choose Aicrane Winches?
- Our marine winches are sturdy and reliable, and can withstand extreme environmental conditions.
- Our winches are designed and arranged to meet your needsand various ship types.
- We can provide variable-speed and variable-frequency electric winches, as well as equivalent high-pressure and low-pressure drive hydraulic winches.
- We provide electric and hydraulic drive systems in various sizes and configurations, as well as a variety of automatic and remote control functions.
- We always pay attention to the safe operation, reliability and environmental performance of winches.